Thursday, February 22, 2007

GUN CONTROL

I am very much pro-gun, yet I take flak from many people in the gun community for my thoughts on gun control. I believe that there needs to be some kind of rules about the owning and purchasing of firearms. Why? because we need some form of checks and balances. If you don't have background checks then anyone can get a hold of any firearm they want.

I support keeping firearms out of the hands of people who do not need them (Criminals). I also support the rights of the people to keep and bear arms. The second amendment was intended to make sure that the government would not start infringing the other rights in the Bill of Rights. Without it the government can and will remove all rights we have. I just do not understand how so many people can not see that.

Why do you think that in over 230 years no other country has ever invaded the United States? Because we have so many firearms in the hands of the population. This is the same reason that Hitler never invaded Switzerland. At that time Switzerland had laws that required that every household have at least one firearm and that everyone in the household know how to use it. They had shooting matches all the time. Invading a country of trained marksman is nuts. It is like trying to fight a war against a country full of snipers. Who know the terrain better than you and can out shoot you in day of the week.

We have so many laws on the books that govern so many things it is hard to tell if you are breaking the law. The current administration has been passing laws that invade our privacy since the war on terror started. The Patriot Act is one of them. They want to tap our phones without a warrant or cause. A few months ago they came out with this background scatter X-ray machine that they want to put in airports that will look through the your cloths. This is just another way that the government is invading our privacy. What is it going to find that the currently searches will not? Nothing at all. I personally do not like the thought of some one looking through my cloths. I especially do not like the fact that they would want to do this to my children. How do I know that the TSA guy operating this piece of equipment is not pedophile? I do not. Neither does the TSA. They can not even make sure the uniforms their people are wearing fit properly.

It is a proven fact that banning firearms from the law abiding public lowers crime rates. In a report from Australia the murder and violent crime rates have raised since they banned firearms. It is not hard to see that people who break the law are not going to care if we ban firearms they do not buy them in a sporting goods store. I will not beat the cars kill more people than guns point to death anymore.

Firearms in the hands of law abiding people are proven to lower crime in given areas. More guns equals less crime is not just the name of a book. If you were going to rob people on the street are you going to do it in town A. a town where just about everyone owns and knows how to use a firearm or town B: where no one owns a firearm? I myself am going to go after the people in town B. I have no chance of getting shot in town B.

Hear is another way to look at this problem. If we would stop be so easy on criminals we would not have so many problems. I believe that for the most part there has to be something physically wrong with criminals, weather it is something in the brain chemistry or something else I am not sure. I do believe if we keep working on research we will find that there is something wrong in the body that accounts for a person becoming a criminal. The human brain is still very much unknown to us.

Our criminal justice system is in dire need of an overhaul. Judges need to be held accountable for the punishment they hand out. We have judges letting convicted child sex offenders out of jail after 6 weeks. That to me is unacceptable. I believe that the people that perpetrate crimes towards children should never see the light of day and they should never breath a breath of free air. They should be locked away in a 4x6 foot cell with nothing but a simple bed and a toilet. No tv no windows nothing. They should have no contact with another human ever. Now you have judges ordering the chartering of private jets to move people about at the cost to tax payers. These people are our of control.

I believe we need some form of control over the purchase of firearms. I also believe that we should keep no law abiding person from owning firearms. How we do this I am not sure if i did I am sure I would be up for election in 2008. Untill next time I bid you farewell. Stay tuned for more Thoughts from the far side.

No comments: